We are honored to have this chance to introduce ourselves to you. Thank you for taking the time to look at our profile. We have the utmost respect and admiration for you. We thank you for having the courage and strength to consider adoption. You are giving a gift that we can only dream of receiving. We are excited to welcome a child into our home. Hopefully, our profile will help you understand who we are and what kind of family you are considering.
How We Met & Our Life Now
We met while we were in college. We were neighbors and quickly became good friends. We went our separate ways after our time in college only to meet up again about 3 years later. We were both living in the same city and started hanging out and then started dating soon after. We were married about a year later! Once we started dating it didn't take us long to realize that this was it. We were so lucky to have such a solid friendship before we ever started dating. It created a strong foundation for our relationship. We have three dogs: Gidget, Elli, & Niko. Kent works for the vaccine division of a pharmaceutical company and Kizzi is a fourth grade teacher. Kizzi changed careers a couple of years ago. She had been a Respiratory Therapist for several years when she decided to fulfill her dream of being a teacher. She has always had a love for kids and education, so elementary education seemed the perfect choice.
A Little About Kent
I grew up in small town with a loving family. My parents have a family farm that I grew up on and still go back to help with the many chores that occur there. I have learned so many important life lessons from my parents and the farm that I would like to pass along. I have always believed in life, if you take care of the little things, then the big things always have a way of working out for the best.
I went to college on an academic scholarship to work in the Biology field. While at college I met my best friend, Kizzi. At the time I had no idea she would become my wife some years later and is still my best friend. I worked as a DNA analyst out of college and now I have moved on to work in the medical/pharmaceutical industry. I still enjoy working on the family farm with my parents and enjoy many hobbies such as woodworking and gardening in my spare time.
Things Kizzi Loves About Kent
1. His kindness and compassion - Kent has such a kind heart, but is not quick to tell about the kind acts that he has done.
2. His attention to detail - Kent notices the small things as well as the big.
3. His sense of humor - I love that we laugh often.
4. The love & respect that he has for his parents - Kent has a genuine love and respect for his parents which is a reflection of his character.
5. I love that Kent grew up on a farm - He is incredibly handy and I love that we share a love for the country life.
A Little About Kizzi
I grew up surrounded by a wonderful, Christian family. I have two younger sisters and a mom and dad whom have been married now for 39 years! I grew up in a small, rural town. I went to a university for 4 years after graduating high school, where I met Kent and we became friends. I then decided to pursue a career in respiratory therapy. I worked as a respiratory therapist for several years and then decided to pursue my dream of being a teacher. I received my bachelor's degree in elementary education and am absolutely loving teaching 4th grade!
Things Kent Loves About Kizzi
1. I love Kizzi's love for life and all the things she touches.
2. Kizzi is such an optimistic person. She literally lights up every room she walks into and always has a glass half full mentality about everything.
3. Kizzi has a beautiful smile that is genuine. As you can see from her photos. I have seen her smile make kids feel at home in the classroom when they are having a bad day and her smile is contagious to those around her.
4. I love Kizzi's warm heart and compassion. It shows with her two careers as a respiratory therapist and now as a grade school teacher.
5. Kizzi is such a patient person. She is a great listener and is always a person that her friends confide in when they are having a problem.
Gidget, Elli, & Niko
We couldn't tell you about our family without mentioning our dogs, Gidget, Elli, & Niko. They are Miniature Australian Shepherds. Gidget and Niko are not your typical shepherds...they can be pretty lazy. Elli is the typical shepherd with lots of energy. They are really sweet and gentle dogs. They are great with kids. They will pretty much let them do whatever they want to them as long as they are getting loved on. They will make wonderful pets for the child that we welcome into our family.
We love traditions! These are a few of our traditions that we continue each year:
*Thanksgiving & Christmas with each of our families
*Passing out candy on Halloween together
*Going to the local pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins for Fall
*Shooting off fireworks and grilling with family and friends on July 4th
*Attending the annual Christmas Parade that our town puts on
*The towns that we grew up in have annual celebrations with lots of fun activities that we attend
Why We Would Make Great Parents
We have a genuine love and respect for each other that was built on a strong friendship. We are blessed to have amazing family and friends who are as excited as we are about us welcoming a child into our lives. We are responsible and financially stable. We will foster an environment that encourages respect and acceptance of others. Most of all we have so much love to give!
Thank you for taking the time to learn a little bit about us. We greatly admire your courage to choose adoption. We want you to know that your child will be welcomed into an open, honest, and loving family.
Kent & Kizzi
Learn More About The Adoption Process Today
Find out how the adoption process can work for you.